Wednesday 20 September 2023

Team Yankee 1:144 - 4CMBG Hold Out - Eh!

This game actually took place at the Uni back in Feb but I didn't blog it then...but now the scars have healed - I think. I will not be discouraged in my mission to popularise 1:144 or 12mil wargames so am prepared to air my more egregious losses - enjoy!


The mission was 'No Retreat'. 


John carefully canalized my Soviet attack routes with 4 fiendishly located minefields...


I deployed as best I could having to forgo the road net! 


I was too cramped for my liking...


 - especially as John had selected Luftwaffe Tornadoes armed with cluster bombs!


He really had made the direct approach very tricky - there was a lot of dodging and weaving...


Whilst he rolled well for his reserves, my air remained firmly off table!


Despite wiping out half his Leopard 1's, his skilful all-arms approach using infantry


engineers, LRATGW and fast air to attrit my T-72s attenuated my attack to nothing by the end of move 3!


And that's it really - Team Yankee really is that fast and brutal!


10 comments:

  1. Minefields to direct the Soviet attacks to where you want them feels right, but can be a tad frustrating! Fine looking game both minatures wise and terrain:).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Steve! Yes it was very frustrating - next time I'd be tempted to ignore them...

      Delete
  2. Nicely Shows the scale off. Has your Victrix WWII stash grown with their recent releases? I bought the 6 pdr, PAK 40 and SU 76, there is much to like.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Norm! Yes same here plus Sherman IIs. I was so impressed with the SU-76s they got assembled and painted straight off!

      Delete
  3. Wow, good collection, fine set up and game.

    ReplyDelete
  4. very nice looking game, great to see!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great looking game Sparker! I agree that 10/12mm is the scale to use.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ben - Good to have some moral support!

      Delete